Music Playlists & Family Sharing

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Futhark, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

Hi all, I am having problems with playlists in my music, any playlists i create appear on other family members devices also and vice versa which surely shouldn't be how this works? I love my Rock music which isn't something my mother or father would want to listen to yet my playlists and albums i create or download show up on their devices. Am i doing something wrong for this to happen?

Also something else strange happening is all the songs i had when i used iTunes Match are showing up still but greyed out and can't be played. why is this?

2. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

1) Are you talking about Apple Music? Have you signed up to the Family subscription?

2) "When I used iTunes Match..." - have you cancelled your subscription?

3. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

Yes sorry Apple Music I've a Family Subscription and I've cancelled iTunes Match

Having checked my daughters phone she has her own playlists so I'm wonder have I somehow signed into my dads phone with my account by mistake still doesn't explain the iTunes Match songs still showing up but greyed out.

Just out of curiosity how can I subscribe to iTunes Match again I can't seem to find this since Apple Music came out.

4. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Make sure you've definitely got family sharing set up correctly. This article helps. Step 3 is where I think you've gone wrong.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205595

Re iTunes Match: Apple Music now includes all the features of iTunes Match for no extra charge, so you can no longer re-subscribe to iTunes Match whilst you have an active Apple Music subscription.

Try updating your iCloud Music Library in iTunes to see if it fixes the greyed tracks. File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library.

Have you still got the original files for the matched tracks? Or did you delete them, or change Mac/PC at some point?

If you right click on a greyed out track and click Get Info, what is its iCloud status? Matched? Uploaded? No Longer Available? :)

5. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

Thanks Brookzy I'll definitely look into this in the morning. Much appreciated