Music/podcast controls on os 4?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chfilm, Jul 4, 2017.

1. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

hey,

One of my biggest annoyances with Watch is 3 is how it handles music control. I saw in the keynote that they improved it when in the workout app so that you can access the music control directly from within workout- great. But right now, we have he music app and the music remote in the dock. When listening to podcasts on the phone, the dock app lets us control the podcasts, and music of course as well. But I don't like how the dock is only accessed through a push on the side button- therefore I have a dedicated watchface with a music complication in It. But this takes me not the dock but to the dedicated music app (even though they appear to be the same, visually).

The music app doesn't let me control my currently playing podcast though.

Did they in any way unify this in Watch os 4??

2. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I think everyone will love music/podcast aspect of watchOS 4.

First, we will have Now Playing complication that you can put on any watch face. This mean whatever you're listening to be it Spotify, Audio Book, Podcast the control will be just one tap away.
    Second, when you're playing audio and you raise your wrist, you will get Now Playing instead of watch face.
    Third, when you're working out you can swipe to Now Playing.

That covers every aspects of audio listening on the watch, I think. No one will be left behind.

3. chfilm thread starter macrumors 65816

chfilm

Awesome- those were actually my biggest wishes for the new os. Apple is really back on track when it comes to its mobile software recently!

4. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

Access to Now Playing is much improved in WatchOS4 but I still wish that the crown had the option of being used as volume any time music is playing without having to turn your wrist.

I have watchOS 4 and the Now Playing comes up for me when I'm working out but not during the rest of the day. When I'm not working out, and I turn my wrist, I still get the watch face and not Now Playing.

5. chfilm thread starter macrumors 65816

chfilm

Maybe it’s still buggy? Have you reported it? The thing about the crown should also be added!

6. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

Thanks. It hadn't occurred to me that it is a bug. I assumed that is the way it's supposed to work. But now that you gave me the idea, I'm going to report it.

7. chfilm thread starter macrumors 65816

chfilm

and please also report the wish for the volume dial through the crown!