Music Production Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by soupyjnr, Feb 27, 2008.

1. soupyjnr macrumors 6502

Hey there

Im just wanting to know if there is another program for Mac which is similar to logic studio 8 which comes with a free trial. The logic studio 8 is £329 (or there abouts) and I dont want to pay all that money and for it not to be for me, so Im just wanting to know is there a program similar or which does the same thing, were I can get a free trial on it?

Thanks for any help in advance

2. surferfromuk macrumors 65816

Don't doubt it - Logic 8 is without equal. The sheer amount (and quality) of VI, apple loops and plugins that are included and that you can run at one, alone make it a no brainer - but the new easy to use interface, rock solid stability/reliability and the ridiculously low price make it simply untouchable.

You've already got the mac - Don't hesitate! - get Apple's best production platform going and you'll be one very happy music producer!

Bear in mind Logic used to be £550 pre-apple and you could easily spend about £1000 on things like the 'extras' like Impulse response Spaceverb and things like ES2, and all the other synths...Everythings now included for the £329!!

The fact that it comes on 8 DVD's should be enough to convince you that it's the business!

3. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Flip, 8 CD's! Yeah thats true, Logic 8 it is! Thanks!!

Just whilst im here, whats the main purpose of GarageBand?

4. lostless macrumors 6502

The main purpose of garageband is music production. It a very competent app for creating music, and no, you don't need to use loops. Garageband is a full blown mixer with built in effects. Its limited compared to Logic, but in no way does it make it useless or a beginners app. I say play around in GB and you might be surprised how much recording can be done with it alone. I recorded several songs in GB alone.

5. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Way more than just Logic...

Cubase

MOTU

Reason

iDrum

Abletron Live

Digidesign Pro Tools

Mackie Traktion 2

Native Instruments

etc...