Music purchased on previous apple ID, not available in itunes cloud?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RipcordAFF, Jun 7, 2011.

1. RipcordAFF macrumors member

Hey all, I stumbled across a potential problem and was wondering if anyone had a fix.

Up until this point, my family used one apple ID. We all just purchased music through the same account. With all of the account specific features just announced (cloud\match), I decided it would best for me to have my own apple ID. I would like to leave "automatically download" on, but I don't want things that I didn't personally purchase downloading to my devices.

However, after creating the new ID and associating all my machines with it, I realized that the music in my library doesn't simply "shift" to the new ID. Rather, it appears that it is all still associated with my old, family apple ID. This means that nothing shows up in the "purchased" tab in iTunes on my computer, iphone or ipad. This effectively destroys the usability of the service. As it stands right now, my "cloud" will only have songs that I purchase from this point forward.

What I really need is a way to re-associate all the downloaded music to this new apple ID. Not just ALL the music from the old apple ID, but just the music in my current library. I sent an email to apple, but havent heard back...anyone have ideas? Thanks!

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Not gonna happen. Sorry, but Apple doesn't support that via any means (and rightfully so, it would have huge potential for abuse, even though you weren't planning that).

jW

3. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

I have a similar question which I also emailed apple support about. I want to use my mobile me account for itunes so that when iCloud and iOS 5 comes out I don't have to have 2 me.com accounts on my phone, ipad, etc. Since an apple id is automatically created when a me.com account is created you can't change the email address for you itunes account to the me.com address. Does any one know a fix for this or am I pretty much stuck with having to get a new email when iOS five is released?