Music randomly plays, can't turn it off at all

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Shotgun OS, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

Hey guys. I recently (within the last week) downloaded a game called BOOM for my Mac. Now, after my iMac was acting buggy earlier, I restarted it. Now, at random times, the music from the start screen of the BOOM game plays, and it can't be turned off. I can't find anything anywhere. I deleted the entire folder for the game, and it still continues to play. What should I do?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Try downloading and installing the game again and then use uapp to uninstall it to see if that fixes it.

3. Shotgun OS thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

If you open Activity Monitor does it show which process is making the noise? Perhaps you can watch the CPU usage column and see, when the noise starts, which processes are using some CPU? How bizarre. Repairing permissions probably won't do much. Perhaps check the Application Support folders to see if the game is listed in there? Let us know what happens.

5. Shotgun OS thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is what i see when I open my Activity Monitor.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The highlighted file is what I thought to be, at first, because I thought it said 'midiport'. The music that is playing sounds like a midi loop. I can't figure out what to do. This music is enough to drive people insane.

I did trash some .plists, such as quicktime, but none of it was worth trashing.

I did repair permissions.

I checked application support folders, and its not listed.

:(

6. Shotgun OS thread starter macrumors 6502a

I hate to bump this thread, but this problem is urgent. The music is still going on; it has been going on constantly. When I put my iMac to sleep and wake it, the music starts all up again. What should I do?!??

EDIT: I found the problem. It was something corrupt in a widget, for some reason. :p

7. JRhombus macrumors newbie

Can you give some clarification on how you fixed this? I'm having the exact same issue and it's very very frustrating. Thanks