Music randomly started playing.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by muledogus, Aug 4, 2009.

1. muledogus macrumors 6502

So I'm at work and had my iPhone plugged into my computer to charge and had my headphones in for listening to music. Actually, I was listening to Christian Bale yell at a DP on his set. Everything was stopped and had been for a while. I decided to get up and leave my desk so I unplugged my headphones and a few seconds later while unplugging the usb cable a song started playing. It was even a song I had been listening to recently, it was completely random. I also noticed the random playback option had been turned on and the volume was turned all the way up. After pausing it I opened the music player and it was back to the album I had last been listening to and everything was normal.

Anyone else ever see this?

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Yes, yes I have, and it's annoying as all getout.

3. muledogus thread starter macrumors 6502

I was so caught off gaurd that I didn't even know how to stop it. I was like "what is thise device in my hand playing music?"

4. 101X macrumors member

5. ant131531 macrumors member

6. TheMBC macrumors 6502

Mine did this about a week ago, I was listening to music in the car with my earphones on (riding shotgun, so don't worry ;)), I paused the music and then disconnected the earphones and out of no where the song I was listening to went full blast through the speakers. Happened twice that day.

7. ineedamac macrumors 6502

This has happened to me several times. I even posted here about it but I cannot locate the thread. I called Apple care and they were not much help for the issue. I ended up getting a new iPhone 3G since the silent switch broke on my old 3G. Since then I've only seen this occur one time. I am almost wondering if it has to do with pulling the headphones not exactly straight out of the jack.

8. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

This has been my worst fear..what If my fave Britney Spears songs starts playing in the middle of a conference meeting :eek:

9. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I've had this happen as well.

Not since 3.0 though, I don't think, but certainly in the 2.X days.