Music Randomly Starts Playing on iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ECPhoto, Aug 17, 2011.

1. ECPhoto macrumors newbie

On at least 4 occasions, my iPad2 has started to play music, when I wasn't even near the iPad. Yesterday, I was on the other side of the room, and I heard music coming from the iPad and I hadn't touched it for over 18 hours!! When I opened the Smart Cover, I had to enter my password first, before I could even get to the iPod feature. When I opened that, I saw that the song which was playing, hadn't even been selected. Very weird.

I'm getting ready to reset the iPad,but ... any thoughts?

2. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

Completely turn it off and turn it on, sometimes those devices get a little spooky over time and just need a simple reset. As long as everything works, it should be fine.

3. LanEvo macrumors 6502

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

5. Badfoot macrumors 6502

6. megsandbytes macrumors member

probably "The End" by The Doors or something.

7. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I would try double-clicking the home button and closing all the apps on the multi-tasking bar before doing a shut down and restart. If the iPod app is open on the multi-tasking bar it is capable of playing music in the background.

8. taipan61 macrumors 6502

this happened to me sometimes when i had the smartcover on it or when i had the apple bluetooth keyboard attached and the cat stepped on the keyboard,
    got rid of the smartcover by giving it to the cat to scratch on :D

9. mikeCldi macrumors newbie

This exact thing happened to me!

Its playing right now, some low tempo trancey type stuff. I shazamed the song and all that comes up is some meditation track on amazon. Very weird!
    I recorded the loop for future reference.

10. radtechy macrumors newbie

This happened to me with my mini retina. Sirius app just opened and started playing music while it was in my drawer