Music Renamer Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kriskay, Jun 19, 2007.

1. kriskay macrumors member

Hey,

Thought id take the jump and register afer reading for so long, but i guess i also need a little bit of help here too.

I've just received my 2.16ghz C2D Macbook after previously using a 1st gen 1.83CD. man what a difference!!

Anyway i'm trying to sort out my music collections and i really dont fancy my chances sitting down and renaming the tags of my mp3's. I know there is software out there which can help you automatically rename according to your ID3 tags. However which is the best one that does it automatically for you? I would like one which removes dupliate spaces and the "01" , "02" of track names when you have imported them.

I'll be lazy too and ask if there is any software that will remove any duplicate files i have MP3 or otherwise.

Any help will be bloody fantastic. Cheers

KK/:D

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I use a collection of AppleScripts for iTunes for this purpose. They're incredibly handy, and make short work of boring tasks like the ones you describe. The scripts I use are available here: http://dougscripts.com/

3. kriskay thread starter macrumors member

You are a legend!

Thank you ver much for your help. I really didnt fancy the task of renaming the majority of my MP3's. Now i guess i'll have to keep on top of them.

Cheers

KK/:D