Music restoring on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ipadfreak, Mar 16, 2012.

1. ipadfreak macrumors regular

Hello,

I do not have a computer. I have over 500 songs on my old iPad. How to I get ALL of them on my new iPad with iCloud?

2. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

When you set-up your new iPad, just select restore from iCloud and all your songs will be downloaded automatically.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

That's assuming they are in iCloud to begin with...

4. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Why wouldn't they be? If you backed up everything to iCloud from your previous iPad they'll be there.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

The iCloud backup doesn't back up your non-iTunes media. IF you bought it from iTunes, then yes. IF you purchased iTunes Match, yes. But not if you got your music like many of us did, which is from our extensive and vintage CD collections....

6. identity macrumors 6502

You are right. You'll need itunes match to sync your non-itunes purchased music like your personal collection of cd's.

Also He's going to need a computer if he wants to use iCloud. There's no way you can use it without a computer.

7. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Oh wow I thought for sure it backed up everything but after reading your post I went into my music app and realized only the songs I purchased from iTunes are in there. Glad you told me.

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Aha. Good point. We're not quite at the post-PC era just yet... :D

----------

Oh, and I have 8000 pictures I am syncing right now with iTunes. Those didn't make it onto my iCloud backup either.