Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clivo360

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
I'm curious if any music apps allow you to scrub through your currently playing music on the lock screen or control center besides the music app/apple music?

I haven't seen any third party music apps allow you to do this. I'm wondering if it's not part of the api or just locked by apple.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I dont think anything non apple as such are allowed to show on the lock screen. The closest you will get is if you make the control centre available from the lock screen then you can drag that up and use the sound controls in there.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
I'm curious if any music apps allow you to scrub through your currently playing music on the lock screen or control center besides the music app/apple music?

I haven't seen any third party music apps allow you to do this. I'm wondering if it's not part of the api or just locked by apple.
Pretty certain it's just not available for third-party apps. This was certainly the case up until iOS 9 - I just can't say for sure that a 9.x update hasn't added the possibility as I've not been paying as much attention to them, but I doubt it (and have no reason to believe it has).

It's a feature I've wanted for years. One of many little things that tipped me over from Spotify to Apple Music.

LCPepper

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2013
United Kingdom
Yeah, on the lock screen you only get: skip backwards and forwards, and pause and play for third party apps. That's at least how Spotify goes for me.

If you're not seeing even those and just the clock, just the home button a click to show and hide them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.