Music shuffle settings in iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by maxmiles, Jun 21, 2013.

1. maxmiles macrumors member

Does anyone know how to get the music app to show it's shuffle button like there used to be in iOS5? The only setting I can find are "shake to shuffle" in settings. And I don't want to only be able to shake to shuffle, i want to be able to randomly play through a list of songs in an album. Why Apple took tgis away is beyond me.
    m

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The shuffle option is at the top of almost every view in the music app. I'm not sure what you're not seeing?

3. maxmiles thread starter macrumors member

No it's not in my music app. It used to be. But not any more. The only mention of a shuffle button now is in the full album or playlist menu, at top center. And in the settings app, you can set shake to shuffle or turn that off. I used to use the shuffle feature all the time to shuffle the songs in a playlist. It's simply no longer there.

4. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

This is the shuffle location.

Attached Files:

5. maxmiles thread starter macrumors member

Hi bluemeanie, yes that is/was the usual location (in your case on an ipad) but it's no longer there for me. I'll upload some screen captures

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Few questions:

- Have you tried restarting the phone?
    - Is the repeat button there?
    - Is the search box there?

7. maxmiles thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Armen. Restarting the phone restored the shuffle and repeat buttons. Thanks! I really probably should have tried that before asking. With the bugs inherent to iOS music and podcast apps we've had to live with the last few years I just presumed Apple had made another ****** design choice. (In regards to the music and podcast apps)

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

You'd be surprised how many weird little issues get fixed when just restarting. We're so used to the stability of iOS we seldom have to restart it.

Glad it's working for you! :)