Music Shuffle, very slow

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ParagJain, Mar 25, 2014.

1. ParagJain macrumors 6502

Hi,

I am observing very slow shuffle on my songs library; Iphone 5S, 7.1 iOS.
    I don't have a very big library of songs. About 400 odd songs with the latest technology is not an over kill.

Issue happens when I use my headset to skip few songs. It just hangs and starts playing a song like after 15-20 seconds.

any help ?

2. XmasRights macrumors newbie

Finding the Cause

Does this only happen when skipping via your headset?

1) If you experience the same issue by skipping via the on-screen buttons: it's a software issue.

2) Try a different headset. If this solves the problem: your headset is at fault.

3) Otherwise, it might be the hardware of your iPhone, so take it to the Genius Bar.

In any case: backup, then do a software restore, and you might be pleasantly surprised.

3. ParagJain thread starter macrumors 6502

yes, only when its been used with a headset.

I used 2 different headsets, both apple factory defaults. One that I received with 5s and 1, older one that I got with iPhone 5.

I would hate to do a restore, but looks like no other choice :eek::rolleyes:

4. XmasRights macrumors newbie

Restoring your iPhone

No need to jump straight into the nuclear option of starting from scratch. Make sure your data is backed up on iCloud, and on your computer (so the restore from backup happens quicker). Do a restore, and see if the problem persists with a clean iPhone (you'll need to "Create New iPhone" in iTunes just to get a bit of music on there to test). If not, Backup from Restore, and see if this is still the case.

No data lost, and there is a chance you will resolve the problem.

5. ParagJain thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks mate, I do have the backups, its just the time I wanted to avoid spending on it..doesn't make sense, any issues and a restore is needed.

I felt its an issue with the device, I have an old iphone 4, i upgraded the software yesterday, loaded the same music and that's all good with the same headphones.

Anyhow, backup and restore may be an option, will explore on the weekend.