Music Skipping on iPhone (Help)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Opstech, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

I just noticed today that I can't seem to play most of my music from my iTunes on my iPhone running iOS6.

The very same songs and playlists are on my iPhone 4S and work fine, but on my iPhone 5, a lot of songs won't play at all, and others, some songs will and some won't. I do NOT have shuffle enabled, yet I will tap a given song and it either won't play, or it'll jump to another song and sometimes play it, sometimes not.

I tried rebooting it and selecting manual sync, but that didn't help. Am I doing something wrong? Every iPhone I've had has ported smoothly, but this one is indecisive! Has anyone come across this? If so, please help.:confused:

I'm also going to post this on the iOS 6 thread too. :confused:

Rob.G had the same issue and I don't think he got a true answer as to whats wrong!

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Have you tried deselecting all your music collections and then rebooting your device and then resyncing your music?

3. Opstech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Doing this right now. I have about 700 something songs to sync. This is frustrating. I use my music to commute back and forth! I'm using Pandora in the meantime, but dont want to use all of my Data.

4. Opstech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Thanks Shadowbech. It worked, but it wont download all of my music. I did however, opened music up on my iPhone and was giving the option to download the individual song. Slow, but i'll get all done tonight!:apple:

5. JohnRN macrumors member

JohnRN

Skipping music on new iPhone5

I had the exact same problem. I got my new iPhone 5 today, used my iCloud backup and synced the phone. Went to go play my purchased music and it was skipping around like crazy it would show the artwork then go right to another random song. I'm deleting all the music on the phone. Will reboot the phone and try to reinstall....can't say this is as smooth as I'd had hoped for.

6. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

mine was fine until yesterday
    All of a sudden my iphone 5 was posessed :eek:
    I tried a bunch of things and without sucesss
    am back at a full restore

7. JohnRN macrumors member

JohnRN

I got mine to work. I unsynced all my music like it said. Then I added just one play list to see that it would work. Followed by a few more each time. Finally all songs are on there like it's supposed too. I also unchecked my firewall I had read in another post that someone did that as well but whatever it was, it worked.

8. MacBreezy macrumors regular

This also worked for me. Thanks.