Music skips when I go over a bump

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by longdogs, Oct 12, 2010.

1. longdogs macrumors regular

Oct 17, 2007
    Lichfield UK
    I have a problem playing music on my iPhone 4. It's mounted on an arm attached to the car windscreen. When I drive along roads with less than smooth surfaces, songs frequently stop playing and skip to the next track. I drive 40 minutes each way to and from work and skips at least 4 or 5 times each journey. It's got to the point where I can predict where on the journey it will happen, depending on the road surface. Going over even small bumps and potholes will cause it to skip immediately. Sometimes there's a quick bleeping sound/tone as it skips.

It reminds me of when I had a portable cd player in the car, with a 10 second buffer, but to be honest it's worse than that was. It doesn't skip if I'm listening to podcasts.

I'm jailbroken on iOS 4.01. Anyone come across this or suggest a way to fix it?

Edit - D'oh - the "shake to shuffle" setting seems to have been the problem. That and the crappy roads in Walsall.
  2. triptyx macrumors member

Jul 15, 2010

Sorry, I'm laughing my butt off over here. Glad it was that simple. :p