Music Software: Mix mp3s with auto beat matching

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VideoBeagle, May 1, 2013.

1. VideoBeagle macrumors 6502a

Bare with me as I only know a little of what I'm talking about :)

I'm thinking I want to try to make up some mixes of various mp3s (or other format), matching them to a constant beat (and obviously outputting to a file)

Preferably, if it's something that can automate some of it would be great, as I kinda know the concept of what I want, but not the detailed mechanics (obviously from my questions :) )

Even something that can tell me what the bpm of a track is so I can try to manually adjust would be good.

Does something like what I'm talking about exist?

2. palmharbor macrumors 6502

Try Garage Bank in your applications folder...its not intuitive but try it anyway

3. VideoBeagle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Garage Band can't work with mp3s, at least when I've played with it in the past...is that different now?

4. VideoBeagle thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

There are numerous professional DJ programs out there that can accomplish what you are talking about. I use a program called Virtual DJ for all of my DJ work. There is a free version, Virtual DJ Home, available for download. I believe the free version will at least let you see and possibly adjust the BPM's of the mp3 files you load into it.

I don't ever record my sessions so I'm not sure if Virtual DJ has this feature, but I know that there are other programs out there like Traktor that do have that capability.