Music/Sound problems; Internet?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by longball11, Apr 23, 2009.

1. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

I have a late 2007 black macbook that I loved. I didn't use it much for a year but since my other computer is dying, im using the macbook alot more now. I am starting to hate it. The main reason is because I can't listen to any music peacefully. I would go to youtube or a artist's myspace page to check out some of their songs. When I would play the song, it would repeatedly freeze and I would have to pause it for a couple of seconds. Then when I pressed play again it rewinded a couple of seconds. It would work for another ten seconds then freeze again, then play and freeze repeatedly. It is so aggravating.
    My second complaint is that it takes forever to load a webpage. The beachball would replace the mouse pointer several times. I can't ever go to a webpage without the beachball showing up. I do live on a college campus but it hadn't done that the first couple of weeks when I started using it here.
    I feel like there is a real problem and I can't peacefully listen or sample any music online or in iTunes.

Another thing, I once mistyped youtube.com by typing youtube.cm and it brought me to a dark grey screen saying warning! malicious software on this site and has the buttons saying "go back" or "continue". I clicked the back arrow button and pop up brought up saying they needed to resend info again so I cancelled and then x'ed out of safari just to be safe. I hope that malware didn't hit me at all. Let me know about my situations. Thanks.

2. longball11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

longball11

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

how much RAM? What kind of internet connection?

Complaining that no one is helping you 30 minutes after you post the thread is not going to win you friends here. For goodness sake, give people time; we don't live here.

4. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

+1
    Although sometimes it feels like I do... When I'm at school I feel withdrawel symptoms ;)

The malicious software shouldn't have infected your Mac. It was just wondering whether to re-send the POSTDATA sent to get back to the previous page. The previous page will have been the subsequent page after a search, or a form, or a post, or generally a page in which you typed and sent information. I highly doubt you've been infected :)

Edit. I've just looked at the site, and nothing will have happened to you. :)

5. Illicit macrumors 6502

+1. could just be buffering issues. The fact that it only happens online reinforces the likelihood that it's not a hardware issue.
    Nevertheless, I'd try different browsers and a different connection, then sort by process of elimination.

6. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Not necessarily. I had a MBP a year ago that I returned because it'd scramble the text onscreen... but only in browsers (Tried it on a whole list of browsers, same issue every time), took it back and they pretty much ruled out any software error, including the exclusion of the possibility of the problem being down to a faulty graphics card driver.

7. Illicit macrumors 6502

a graphics card driver issue is still not a hardware issue.

8. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

I know, I never said it was, read my post again.