Music stopping/apps crashing issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Solowalker, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Solowalker macrumors regular

My older brother just got a new 32 GB touch this last week. Today he came home complaining about music randomly stopping during playback while trying to use different apps at the same time, and the apps would crash as well. I got Safari to do it a few times so I know it was happening.

I did a search and found others were having the same problem. I was just wondering if anyone had found a solution for it yet?

2. Snapperjw macrumors regular

Same Here!

So I don't have an answer for you but I am facing the same problem.

Had my touch for about 8 months and in the last couple of days during the playback of certain songs it will just stop playing and either jump to the next song or crash out of the music app.

Very strange. I am going to try a full system restore when I get home and upload all my tunes again, fingers crossed that will fix it.

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

All it is is the app crashing; that sounds bad, and my use of "all it is" may make it seem insignificant, but what is happening is the iPod is processing too much information for the RAM to handle, which causes it to crash so that it can regain some memory. It isn't uncommon for Safari to do it. However, it is worth doing a restore (connect it to iTunes and hit the restore button) just in case that fixes the problem.