Music stops playing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MikeWill19, Jun 19, 2010.

1. MikeWill19 macrumors newbie

I'm playing music through the iPod app, then I open safari and start browsing. After a few minutes, the music stops.

Idk if it matters, but I'm using headphones too.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Cuz I cant think of why it would just stop.

2. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

In this situation, mine would only stop for two reasons.

1. Removing the headphone plug.
    2. The list of songs had reached the last song.

3. foiden macrumors 6502a

Yeah. Usually it's only one of those 2 reasons. If you plug in, or unplug headphones, it often sends the message to stop whatever song is playing.

If the song is stopping in the middle, or you *know* there's more to play in the album, then you may want to do a shutdown and restart just in case a rare occasion happens and the player is thrown off by something.

By default, the album may be set to stop when reaching the end of it. Unless you go into the Ipod app while the song is playing, and then hit the specific icon switch to put it on repeat.

4. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Is it pausing or stopping the program all together?
    My 5G Nano has been randomly pausing itself lately.. Not sure what's causing it but a search turned up others having the same problem as well..

5. foiden macrumors 6502a

Good question, though I doubt of the above iPad solutions would help with the 5G problem, since I'm guessing people have done true shutdowns and restarts of their nanos and blew-in or cleared their headphone jacks. Headphone interference is often a cause for odd start and stops, pauses and such, for any player (not just apple ones) particularly if they have hardware to get signals from headphones to start and stop the player.

So for instance, a pair of headphones might have an odd connection (or a connection strip by damage) in which it accidentally sends the *single click* pause/unpause message to the device at times. If the issue is in the headphones, then that may help out across many devices, including some portable CD players that also have the *smart headphones* kind of logic for hands-off-the-device music control.

However, if the music is stopping at the end of something, it's more likely a setting which isn't set for the proper repeat protocol.

6. MikeWill19 thread starter macrumors newbie

Last night it was stopping in the middle of songs. As far as I know, the headphones weren't coming unplugged because when I went back into iPod mode and pressed play, I could hear it without adjusting the headphones.

I did restart it and will try again momentarily

7. troymdaniels macrumors newbie

Reviving an old thread

I've been having these issues all of a sudden on my iPad and iPhone. I've had the iPad over a year now and it's never happened before.

Music that i'm playing in my iPod app randomly just stops in the middle of a song. The "play button" shows that it is stopped. This isnt related to incoming emails or alerts. I am not using headphones, occaisionally i've had it docked but it happens in both situations. I've read similar threads all over the place but no one ever had a solution.

Is this happening to anyone else? I'm running 4.3.3 on both devices. Could it be in some way related to the small cloud features that came in the OTA update?