Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EJ8

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Why? This sucks. I know that it always did stop when you went to the video selection in the camera app. I guess to properly record sounds? But now music stops playing even if you try to take a picture. Bug? Planned this way? Either way it completely sucks.

Reactions: peter.sift

EJ8

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Yea. And I thought of this. But if you have the Live Photo button clicked off you should not get your music cut off.

Reactions: PowerBook-G5

EJ8

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Mine does this regardless if it's recording a video or taking a picture. I thought it was normal.

Well when I had my 6 and previous phones it only did it (stopped the music) if you went to the video app / section of Camera. Picture taking was possible when music was playing. Video was not. Now neither are possible on my 6S.

EJ8

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Why are you listening to music and taking pictures? Just take your picture and resume your music after..

Really? I guess you don't participate in too many social gatherings.

People hanging out, music pumping, everyone having a good time. >> I want to snap a picture. Bam, silence. Everyone turns to look what happened to the music. Maybe I want to snap a few pics. There's awkward silence as long as I do this. Then every single time I want to take a picture this happens over again.

This is not good.

Reactions: peter.sift

SlyMaster13

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2015
Arizona

People hanging out, music pumping, everyone having a good time. >> I want to snap a picture. Bam, silence. Everyone turns to look what happened to the music. Maybe I want to snap a few pics. There's awkward silence as long as I do this. Then every single time I want to take a picture this happens over again.

This is not good.
What I think is since the photos are live photos even when its disabled which is probably a bug, it causes it to stop the music as if you are taking a video. Even then, your right the music shouldn't turn off. No I don't personally see any situations I've been in where I need both. Wasn't meant to offend.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

This is not good.
Generally there's a dedicated music device for such occasions. That in no way goes to say that it should work the way it is working now, but more to address the part of why not as many people might run into something like that.

Reactions: PowerBook-G5

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Generally there's a dedicated music device for such occasions. That in no way goes to say that it should work the way it is working now, but more to address the part of why not as many people might run into something like that.

I wouldn't say generally. When I'm training we usually have one person's phone connected to a Bluetooth speaker so we don't have to listen to the same music day in and day out. I can see this being an issue in that situation.

As mentioned it's probably a bug as there's no reason for it to cut off if Live Photos is turned off. I'm going to submit it as a bug and everybody who agrees should do the same.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Definitely a bug if its shutting off music with Live Photos off. That should only happen with them on (since it records sound as well)

Only a fairly small percent would even encounter this, but it's a bug nonetheless. I'll be submitting feedback even though I wouldn't ever really be using both at the same time to have it happen.

*edit* The only logical reason it's doing it I can think of is. As the camera app loads it goes through a checklist of settings and then applies them. So in this case Live Photos is default on and as it launches it temporarily has them on before swapping to your previous setting of off (thus turning off music)

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
I wouldn't say generally. When I'm training we usually have one person's phone connected to a Bluetooth speaker so we don't have to listen to the same music day in and day out. I can see this being an issue in that situation.

As mentioned it's probably a bug as there's no reason for it to cut off if Live Photos is turned off. I'm going to submit it as a bug and everybody who agrees should do the same.

But why do you need to take pictures while you are "training"?

ry-guy

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2015
North of Sweden
It works if you take a picture through messages or if you use another app like VSCO at the moment. Try one of those until they fix it.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
It happened to me last weekend. We had some friends around and I had music playing through my 6s and I took a live phot and the music stopped, you could see everyone turning to look at the speaker that they were closest to.

Reactions: Shirasaki and dk001

mike_ic97

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2015
Why are you listening to music and taking pictures? Just take your picture and resume your music after..

Because we like to walk and listen to headphones and take pictures....some people have an iPhone because they like music and taking pictures......this is what iPhones are for and none of the previous iPhones on any version of iOS had such a stupid issue.. Even Android doesn't do this anymore.

This problem is specific to the iPhones that support live photos at a hardware level albeit is still a problem even with live photos disabled. Live photos is a pointless joke and not even close to the level of innovation expected from a company like Apple. If I wanted a live Photo I would shoot a video and take a photo while shooting a video...done and done.

Apple doesn't care about high quality audio anymore (yes, that is a thing). The DAC's in the New iPhones are trash then Apple bought Beats Audio...Even HP and HTC did away with this ****** gimmicky company....Lol...Apple buying Beats is about as bad as if Mercedes bought Ford. It's a shame so many people are so musically deaf that they can appreciate a ****** headphone with a built-in equalizer that sells for the price of a set that doesn't even need an EQ to begin with. Now they're taking away the headphone jack... I would rather get a flip phone and dump $2000 on a high end portable audio player before I spend a dime on the iPhone 7
[doublepost=1460188724][/doublepost]
kodak moment. :D
Apple doesn't care if your music is interrupted....even though you are paying them for it. They're more interested in making an iPhone with a stupid gimmicky feature like Live Photos that ends up causing problems with things that are more important, just for the sake of herding in more sheep at the cost of ******** on their current customers. They know their current customers are hooked on their ecosystem therefore can be **** on....Innovation isn't even a thing anymore it's about which company can win more customers over....fortunately for Apple, there are more stupid people in the world than smart.

Reactions: doug in albq

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
iOS: multitasking or "multi-interruptions"

the more iOS adapts new features the buggier it is coming. a reason why android is a lightyear ahead of iOS. android was built for multitasking from the beginning while iOS was built for doing just a simple task at once but nowadays that is history and the multitasking is this day. let see what happens if they manage to build real widgets on some day. i quess the whole system jams...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Because we like to walk and listen to headphones and take pictures....some people have an iPhone because they like music and taking pictures......this is what iPhones are for and none of the previous iPhones on any version of iOS had such a stupid issue.. Even Android doesn't do this anymore.

This problem is specific to the iPhones that support live photos at a hardware level albeit is still a problem even with live photos disabled. Live photos is a pointless joke and not even close to the level of innovation expected from a company like Apple. If I wanted a live Photo I would shoot a video and take a photo while shooting a video...done and done.

Apple doesn't care about high quality audio anymore (yes, that is a thing). The DAC's in the New iPhones are trash then Apple bought Beats Audio...Even HP and HTC did away with this ****** gimmicky company....Lol...Apple buying Beats is about as bad as if Mercedes bought Ford. It's a shame so many people are so musically deaf that they can appreciate a ****** headphone with a built-in equalizer that sells for the price of a set that doesn't even need an EQ to begin with. Now they're taking away the headphone jack... I would rather get a flip phone and dump $2000 on a high end portable audio player before I spend a dime on the iPhone 7
[doublepost=1460188724][/doublepost]
Apple doesn't care if your music is interrupted....even though you are paying them for it. They're more interested in making an iPhone with a stupid gimmicky feature like Live Photos that ends up causing problems with things that are more important, just for the sake of herding in more sheep at the cost of ******** on their current customers. They know their current customers are hooked on their ecosystem therefore can be **** on....Innovation isn't even a thing anymore it's about which company can win more customers over....fortunately for Apple, there are more stupid people in the world than smart.
So your use case of walking and listening to music and taking photos is a valid and important one, but the use case of Live Photos that many people might similarly enjoy is just a stupid gimmick one. Not to mention that many people are just "deaf" for being perfectly fine with the sound reproduction of an iOS device. Nice job there trying to be outraged about someone not caring about your use case while just crapping all over many other people. Sounds like that last sentence of the post applies in more ways than it was likely meant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.