Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antifocus

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2014
Hi,
Dunno if this was asked before.
I store all my music files on the Time Capsule, but almost every time I put the mac to sleep, turn back on, open the music playing software and it says music files could not be found. Tried Clementine and Jriver.
It is quite annoying I have to import the music library all over again.
Does anybody have the same issue?
Thanks.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
So when the TC drive fails, it will take out all data on it plus all backups?

Consider a USB 3 HD for you library or documents, photos, music, and videos. Then TC can backup your startup disk and the library disk.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hi,
Dunno if this was asked before.
I store all my music files on the Time Capsule, but almost every time I put the mac to sleep, turn back on, open the music playing software and it says music files could not be found. Tried Clementine and Jriver.
It is quite annoying I have to import the music library all over again.
Does anybody have the same issue?
Thanks.

I'm just using my Time Capsule for backup, but I do notice when the backup completes the TC disk is ejected each time. Then when a backup runs again it mounts the disk again. I suspect what is happening is when the backups complete or the system sleeps it ejects the TC disk and it is not mounting again until another backup mounts it, so since the disk is not mounted, those app can't see the library.

antifocus

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2014
So when the TC drive fails, it will take out all data on it plus all backups?

Consider a USB 3 HD for you library or documents, photos, music, and videos. Then TC can backup your startup disk and the library disk.

Hi,
Actually I consider my TC as a wireless NAS first. I don't really have much to backup at first and I don't want HD attach to my MBP by wire, and it is cheap compare to NAS+router.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.