Music Streaming Service for rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wimmer96, Feb 6, 2013.

1. wimmer96 macrumors newbie

Hello!
    Yesterday I finally got a rMBP 15" and I was wondering if there is any Music Streaming Service that is optimized for Retina. I am hard-core Spotify User (or "was").
    Thanks in advance! :)

2. boto macrumors 6502

boto

Music streaming service from an app or online? I personally use Pandora's desktop app ($36 subscription a year) to listen to my favorite bands while also getting introduced to other awesome songs I would have never heard. The subscription is compatible for all devices and its cheaper than Spotify by $14 if I recall correctly. However, the downfall is that you only get to skip 6 tracks every hour.

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Try this list.
    http://retinamacapps.com

Found via a quick Google Search. Maybe that is not so helpful since it does not list apps in categories. Sorry for the bad answer.

4. wimmer96 thread starter macrumors newbie

I already know RetinaMacApps. Rdio is retina-ready but the problem is that I live in Austria. That means: No Pandora and no Rdio!

5. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I understand now. Sorry there are not more.
    I know you are concerned about the visual aspect since you have a retina screen but since it is audio you can always minimize the visual UI part if it bothers you :)

6. wimmer96 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it's ok. I think I will use iTunes and Google Music. My old iTunes Backup is still pretty awesome. ;)

Maybe I will make retina-css file for the new Spotify Web-App.
    That's the good part about being a Web-Developer! ;)