Music swiping goes to random place.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thaoxa, Apr 11, 2011.

1. thaoxa macrumors newbie

I have a Verizon iPhone 4, iOS 4.2.6

So you know when you are listening to a song and all and you swipe the screen to make it go back to the song list or whatever, how come it doesn’t go directly to the song that’s currently playing? It always just go to the first original area of song selection that you first picked.

EXAMPLE: I click to listen to Justin Bieber’s “Baby”, and then switch songs and it goes to The Fray’s “Look After You”. During when I am listening to Look After You, I swiped the screen to go back to the song list and up appears the “B” section where I originally chose “Baby”.

Is this just something new for the new iOS’s or is there an on/off button or whatever where I can switch it back to the old system. I know, I know that this isn’t the biggest deal or whatever, but it is useful when I listen to music in the car.

2. thaoxa thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone?

3. mach macrumors regular

It has always behaved this way, returning to whatever list you were looking at last—it usually becomes unrelated to whatever is currently playing if you have shuffle on, or if you are playing a playlist with songs from different artists/albums.

The best way to get to the list you want (directly related to what is currently playing) is to 'flip' the album art around for the list of songs on that album, by double-tapping the album art or with the list button on the top right of the now playing screen. Also, once you access a song from this list, when you swipe back or use the back button, the list displayed should now be related to the currently playing song (as opposed to what you last selected when you were in that view).

Hope that makes sense!

4. thaoxa thread starter macrumors newbie

Appreciate the response, but this hasnt always been the case. I know that on my 1st Gen. iPod and whatever iOS is was running, whether you switched songs or not and swipe back, the area where you swipe back to would be the area around the current song playing, and not the first choice you picked.

I dont know if they just changed this with the new iOS's. but they need to switch it back because it is just annoying, thats if you listen to your music alot.