Music Sync Issues with new ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SunToucher, Dec 25, 2007.

1. SunToucher macrumors newbie

Good Evening,

I purchased an ipod Touch for my daughter this Christmas. I can only sync up to 35 of her 498 songs and I then get an error code and it stops sync. I checked the songs and there appears to be no issues with the song file. Other times I try to sync and the below error codes pop up right away.

The error codes that have appeared so far are Error Code 69 & 50.

Does anyone have any ideas of something that I could do to fix this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. We are leaving on a trip tomorrow and I got a sad young lady on my hands.

Thanks very much and Merry Christmas.

SunToucher

2. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

The error #69 is a result of a "problematic" song. Try using the only transfer checked songs option, and uncheck the song that doesn't transfer.. A common error associated with #50 and #69 is partially downloaded iTunes tracks, if you did purchase some from iTunes. I hope this helps. If it doesn't, post the exact phrase for the error and we'll look further into it.

3. SunToucher thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks very much for getting back to me so soon Vigilante. I'll take a look at her song list as it is sync and see what I get. Again thanks very much. I'll post back.

4. SunToucher thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Vigilante,

Just wanted to thank you as I found the songs that were causing the problem and once they were removed I could properly sync my daughter's music. My daughter also thanks you. She can now take her iPod with her on her trip tomorrow.

Have a Happy New Year.

Best regards,

SunToucher :)

5. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

6. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

7. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

8. DaFahjah macrumors newbie

sync problems w/ iPod touch

I've had my iPod for two months and now it won' t sync to my computer. The message says that it has detected a iphone, and tells me to disconnect and try again. Does anyone know how to fix this?

9. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Try restoring your ipod