Music sync not working for anyone else?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jabingla2810, Sep 20, 2017.

1. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

i can sync specific albums, but I really want it to automatically sync albums and playlist in my heavy rotation automatically.

However, it’s been stuck like this since I updated to the new software, with a spinning wheel that never stops!

Anyone else in this same position?

Attached Files:

2. jasonklee macrumors 6502a

jasonklee

Unpair and re-pair worked for the missus. But I'd rather not go through the rigmarole myself.

3. dave006 Contributor

dave006

You have to do a little setup but if you have already done the following it may just be overloaded servers today.

Sync your playlist(s):

1. Set your Apple Watch on its charger and make sure the device is charging.
    2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
    3. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, then tap the My Watch tab.
    4. Tap Music > Add Music.
    5. Choose the albums and playlists that you want to sync.

Under the Automatically Add section, you can turn playlists off or on. Music that's in heavy rotation is automatically added to your Apple Watch.

If youʼre an Apple Music member, the My Favorites Mix, My Chill Mix, and My New Music Mix playlists are automatically added to Apple Watch. Other playlists by Apple Music experts might appear as well.

You might need to download any music stored in the cloud, such as music from Apple Music or iTunes Match, to your iPhone before you can sync it with your Apple Watch.

Dave

4. darrinS macrumors 6502

darrinS

I had that happen also. I restarted the iPhone and AW, then opened the Watch app on my iPhone and selected the music section, plugged in my iPhone and AW and left them both charging almost all day. I dealt with the withdrawals and everything transferred over.

5. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

has anyone figured this out yet? the two solutions above haven't worked for me.

6. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

Ok soooo apparently I needed to be in the same room as my Apple Watch. I keep it in the bedroom which is only maybe 25’ from desk. When I came to bed I looked at the watch app and saw it started to sync. It went pretty fast once it started. I put six albums on the watch in a matter of a few minutes.

7. PR. macrumors regular

PR.

Did you ever get this sorted out?

I've updated iPhone from 11 to 11.1 and Apple Watch from 4 to 4.1, I've replaced my iPhone 6S with the X and re-paired the Apple Watch with it and it's still only got this twirling wheel!

8. thehumanzach macrumors newbie

thehumanzach

Same here! I'm on 11.1.1 iOS and 4.1 with watch OS and it's still spinning!

9. menace3 macrumors 6502a

menace3

So what I have done differently that works for me is too follow all the steps mentioned above by dave006 and plug phone into charger. Then I log into my watch after I bring up the Music menu and to me, it appears to force the sync. Then I start seeing the Updating. I’ve also done this and scrolled to a playlist on the watch and see it’s updating. And then see the same in the Watch app.

Just my two cents. And yes I keep them close to one another. It works for me in minutes.