music transfer from mac to iPhone

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by budapple, Nov 2, 2015.

1. budapple macrumors newbie

There has to be a way to transfer music from Mac to iPhone 6 without paying these outside software companies $39.99 (ripoff). The music was not all purchased from iTunes. I do not want to join iTunes Match nor Apple Music unless I have to. Please advise this used to be so simple and straight forward.
    Peace!

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Put your music into iTunes. You don't have to have bought it in iTunes to do this. Plug in your iPhone. When it connects and shows in the iTunes window, click the iPhone icon to open the iPhone connection page.

Click on the music tab. Then choose to sync all your music or manually select the tracks/playlists/albums that you want on your iPhone. Then click Sync or Apply.

3. chscag macrumors 68000

As you have been advised, you don't have to purchase music from iTunes to sync it to your iPhone 6. I have hours of home made recordings (mp3s) that I routinely sync to our iPods, iPad, and iPhone. Doesn't cost a cent. :p

4. budapple thread starter macrumors newbie

actually this screen is what I get and when I sync no music is transferred

Attached Files:

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Hmm...it should look like this:
    [​IMG]

6. Wondercow macrumors 6502a

As it tells you, you have iCloud Music turned on; apparently you've subscribed to iTunes Match.