Music transfer trouble, please help iOS 7 beta 2

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by nas2344, Jun 27, 2013.

1. nas2344 macrumors member

I manually transferred music onto my iPhone 5 but it doesn't show up on the phone when it's not connected to iTunes, it shows the music on there when connected to iTunes but if you try to play a song it won't play it, btw I'm on a PC using win 7

2. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

Same issue here. Are you selecting to compress songs as well (128kbit AAC?), as I was. Ended up doing a clean install and not compressing music and it works fine now. Windows 7 PC here too, although I do have a Macbook Air

3. nas2344 thread starter macrumors member

No I'm not compressing anything, outta the like 60 songs I tried to add it only shows 2 on the iPhone

4. Rbtrucking macrumors member

Any ideas? This is really annoying! Do you guys think its a bug that has to do with iOS 7, or an iTunes 11 bug? I have heard this issue isn't that uncommon with iTunes 11, but none of the fixes I have found have worked for me.

5. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I had this too, it would say preparing to update and the song would be greyed out, now if i try it it would delete every song on my phone and seemingly I can only have 2 songs on my phone, weird bug. So if I want music I just downgrade to iOS 6 and put it on, if I'm contempt I upgrade back to iOS 7 but for now i'll just stay on iOS 6, until beta 3 comes out

6. kabooyah macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem. I can only play 2 songs of my whole list. While the titles of the other songs are visible. But I can't play them.
    (I have iOS 7 beta 4, iPhone 4S)

7. me43 macrumors member

I have sort of found a work around, if you just select smart lists it seems to transfer those onto your device. I just used the 500 most played and figured I would get most of what I want at least for now.