Music Video Change - Can no longer minimize while playing

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by DjPiLL, Sep 12, 2014.

1. DjPiLL macrumors member

I have strictly music videos as my music library. In IOS7 Apple finally gave us the ability to start playing a music video, then hit the playlist button to move back in the music app to see the list of songs (audio of music video would still be playing). From there I would be able to hit the home button and go into another app like email and the audio would still play.

I just tried this in IOS8 and every time i hit the home button from any part inside the music app, it shuts the audio off. I hope apple didn't turn this feature off. Do they really expect people who have music videos as their music library to leave the iphone on and the screen on while the song is playing and not do anything else?

There used to be a jailbreak for this, but it was nice for apple to finally allow this. Seems like they took it away as quickly as they allowed it. Hrmmgh.

2. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Once you go back to the home screen and the music pauses, open up control center to resume playback.

3. DjPiLL thread starter macrumors member

That involves a few extra steps and is more cumbersome for something that was working fine in the last iOS release. I don't know why Apple continues to cripple music video owners, especially when they SELL music videos to customers.

Anyways I downloaded and paid for a bunch of new apps trying to get this to work. Most of the apps would not play the video while minimized. Finally found an app that does what I need, MusicVideoLite. It even plays music videos in landscape mode, which was another feature that was removed in iOS7.

Hopefully this post will help somebody else that has a similar issue.

4. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Swiping up and pressing play really that difficult?????? Well as long as you found solution to fit your needs.