Music Video - FCP7/Canon 60D

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by pigbat, Sep 12, 2012.

1. pigbat, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. daybreak macrumors 6502a

What feed back would you like?. Is it a promotional video for the band? or a exercise for you learning the craft of editing music video?
    One sees many music videos on YouTube. Some catch ones attention other just float by.
    You music video is one of those which does not do anything for me sorry to say.:cool:

3. pigbat, Sep 12, 2012

pigbat thread starter macrumors regular

That's fair and I guess I wouldn't expect it to be for everyone. This was specifically a video for the band to promote themselves and their new song. Their existing fan base is the target audience.

4. daybreak macrumors 6502a

;) you did fine. You could have done away with the Zombie style extra. I think to promote any style off band one needs a certain style of music which will attract attention.
    Lets just say in the 6os i worked with a world top group on two films and studied how the promoted their songs. Some was without instrument and some with.
    If you study YouTube and look at all the music videos pick out which you like and feel you could have done better.
    The beginning of your bed shoots could have done with a bit of light.
    In general you did a good job. Sorry to say the song and location did not blend.
    Musically they are very good but there was a element of we are it.
    Next video you make. Use some close ups and use some slick editing. Work out a good script if they are singing a song and one can use the words for visual material.
    I think you would like Final Cut Pro-X as you editing would be at your finger tips.
    My apologies if i have offended you with any criticism

5. pigbat, Sep 12, 2012

pigbat thread starter macrumors regular

Definitely not offended. I ask for feedback.

6. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

I liked it allot! What glass did you use? Very curious about that. I haven't done a music video yet but I really want to! Just a suggestion but maybe you might want to consider an aggressive color grade/correction next time? I like to stay relatively conservative but sometimes its nice....just glad you didn't do the annoying fake ultra widescreen thats common....I saw some music video that had a 3.55:1 aspect ratio and it was just overkill... 'Scope adds a certain feel to a music video sometimes but sometimes it makes it look like **** and I like how you kept yours at 16:9...didnt look like you were trying to hard! But I think the setting was a bit unfitting...I know its more convenient to shoot at your house or whatever but I see that too much! I think with more lighting (which isn't hard...I often just grab lights and move them around, take the covers off, bring in different lights, etc.) would be great too. Like when the one girl walks past the gas station that was good! but a different location might be a good idea. It worked out not so bad though since your guys all woke up from bed.