Music wants to keep downloading

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Scrapula, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Scrapula macrumors 6502

I am still using my original 3GS. I buy a lot of music, some on my iPhone, some on my Mac. I hook up my phone and do transfers. Over the last few months, I started having problems maybe iOS related?

While playing music, my phone gives me an error that it cannot download the song. Some of these songs have been on my phone for a while, they even have the artwork showing! The number of songs keeps getting larger. It's currently at 230 songs to download. It will not download any of them, just gives me an error. I can't even download them when I am wired to my Mac.

Any thoughts? I want to hold off on a new phone until the new one this fall.

2. Scrapula thread starter macrumors 6502

The thing is, the songs are already downloaded. Once of them that it just skipped over played just fine until tonight. It was downloaded over a month ago. Maybe last iOS update screwed everything up.

3. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Are you using iTunes Match? If so, turn if off temporarily on your iPhone to see if this resolves the problem (Settings, Music, iTunes Match).

RTP.

4. Scrapula thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I'm not. I read that thread and checked my iPhone. Not set for sharing, either. My phone does drop it's wi-fi connection constantly,as well, but since the songs are physically on my phone it shouldn't matter. My data usage went through the roof, too because it tries to download while other music is playing.

5. Scrapula thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, went to the Genius Bar. All the geniuses are completely baffled. It has been accelerated up to Apple. They said the problem is something in my iTunes account that is corrupted.