Music wont playback from where I left off

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by airbelchris, Oct 3, 2014.

1. airbelchris macrumors regular

i use music on my way to work over BT headphones
    pause music with pebble watch. go back to watch screen
    power off headphones

dont use phone at work except to text

ready to leave pawer on headphones... they connect...
    get ready to leave open control center... no music selected.
    hit play plays random album

what am i doing wrong this is so frustrating

iphone 6 8.0.2

2. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

Ok it turns out, It doesn't, I don't have any clue if it used to do it before but currently it doesn't.. I tried 3 things, one of them did start from the last left off..

1. I Opened music app started the music skipped a little, paused, and closed the app from multitasking, this will stop the music.. Then I went back to the music app and now playing, the songs starts all over again..

2. I Opened music app started the music skipped a little, paused, and closed the app from multitasking, this will stop the music..then I went to the control center and started music... It starts from the beggining..

3. I don't have any now playing in this... So I bring up control center and play, it plays a song(depends on shuffle or not) .. Skipped it.. Paused it.. And then dismiss the control center... (i) Then if I bring up the control center again, it'll play from where I left off...

(ii) if I start the music app and go in now playing, it'll play from where I left off..

(iii) after (ii) if I turn off the app from mulititasking , the music stops and then if u bring up the control center or the music app(now playing) it'll start all over again...

So the only choice you have is you start a playlist, album, etc from the music app and don't turn it off from multitasking...

Or start the music app and play a playlist song, album of ur choice and turn it off from multitasking and start the song again from control center, this way the song starts from the control center and it'll play where left off...

Or if u just always play shuffled all songs no need to go in the music app, just press play on the control center and it should shuffle...

Edit : I know ur issue is with the watch and head phones , but this is just s phone thing I said

3. airbelchris thread starter macrumors regular

yes but it isnt even working from control center. its playing all songs not just a playlist now :(

4. purpleparrotuk macrumors 6502

None of the music appswork properly. I use Spotify and Google music. I queue music ready for the car and sometimes it's there a few hours later but sometimes its not there after a few minutes. Really annoying because I want to finish an album once started but with my iPhone 6 plus there is no chance of that.

5. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

If you close the music app then it'll start the song over.

I was listening to music earlier with my headphones then paused it via the headphones. About an hour I started playing the music again with the headphones and it continued playing where I left off.

6. airbelchris thread starter macrumors regular

apple store said its timeout issue. but i think its more than that. iphone 5 doesnt do it...