Musical Typing...

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Ibanez Strummer, May 26, 2007.

1. Ibanez Strummer macrumors member

Hey everyone!

I have been using musical typing as I don't have a midi controller and wanted to make use of the awesome built in samples. However, one time i loaded up garageband and clicked the musical typing button, the sound still came out as I typed but no keyboard came on screen showing what notes I was playing etc... Any ideas on how to get this back as it still hasn't returned?

2. PianoPete macrumors member

Shift+ :apple: +K. It's also under the 'window' pull down up top.

3. Ibanez Strummer thread starter macrumors member

I have used this shortcut, but all it does it makes the sound come out, the keyboard has completely disappeared. I can still use it, but would prefer to see what notes I am actually playing. Sorry if I sounded unclear in the first post!

4. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

It's not minimized is it? Try hitting Command-~ with Garageband focused to see if it pops up.

5. Ibanez Strummer thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately not minimized. One new hope though is that I just opened a new project and the on screen keyboard has returned...It just seems to be certain projects that won't load it...No idea why!

Thanks anyway for your reply

6. GlennMS macrumors newbie

It happened to me tooo!!!!

I could not get it to come back. What happened is that went behind the menu at the bottom of the screen and it was very difficult to see. I got it back by finally seeing it!, then clicking the apple up in the top left corner, Choosing dock, and then choose hide. I could then see my musical typing thingy.

7. krye macrumors 68000

krye

Bingo! Same problem. Same solution. Thanks.