MusicBarExtended - question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KentuckyHouse, Feb 13, 2011.

1. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I've gotten into using Pandora a lot lately in my work truck, but I've noticed I don't have any controls on the lock screen. I've heard of MusicBarExtended and all the themes people have come up with for it, but I can't find much info about what it does, whether it'll work on the lockscreen, whether it'll work with Pandora or just the iPod app, etc.

Can someone give me an idea of what and where it works?

2. Happytodd macrumors regular

MusicBarExtended is an app that emulates the iPod.app. I use it alot, as it can be easily themed. It comes with its own controls and runs on top of some apps. I'm not quite sure if it works with Pandora or not though, sorry. =[

3. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Thanks for the response, Happytodd. I decided to go ahead and try it and I'm happy to report it works just fine with Pandora. :D

At first, I couldn't get it to work after setting it up in Activator, but then realized I was the idiot...I forgot to activate it in WinterBoard...lol. After doing that, it's working flawlessly.

Thanks again!

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i dont know anything about that app but why dont you have music controls on lock screen? if you double tap home they should come right up? gl.

also, what kind of deck do you have in your work truck?

i have a pioneer ub3200 or whatever its called (3200 for sure) and though it seems complicated its awesome!! read below VVVV

i synced a few songs (10) to my iphone.
    my deck is in "ipod" mode, and i connect via usb in deck to 30 pin connector on iphone. immediately, the ipod starts playing. i pause ipod though iphone.
    deck reads "pause"
    i then open up pandora, and deck continues to read pause
    finally, i can skip forward through my deck! it will skip tracks though pandora which is awesome!

5. bmms8 macrumors 68020

6. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI