Musician needs help downloading!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by blogan, Nov 28, 2010.

1. blogan macrumors newbie

Okay, I don't know if this is legal or not but I download videos from you tube using the option+command+A which opens up the activity window and then clicking on the item with the largest size starts downloading the video. This is absolutely invaluable to me as I travel and internet is sometimes very difficult to get and then costly. So I do a lot of downloading for transcribing and I have them with me all the time.

Recently I have come across videos that when the aforementioned technique is applied won't open the activity window but brings up on the screen a player which starts loading right on the screen, but does not load into the computer to be saved.

Has anyone experienced this and can anyone help. These specific videos I would very much like to have with me in the computer won't let me download them with the usual method.

I am leaving the country and will be touring for six months. I need these videos.

Can you suggest anything.

Thanks

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

3. blogan thread starter macrumors newbie

No, it is not pirating. And these people posting their video lessons on you tube would be pleased that they are helping other players.

And if they posted some payment method, paypal or some other way, I would gladly pay for the help I am getting. Being out of the country as much as I am, I really need this and am thankful for it. No it is not pirating.

Thanks for your help!

4. CraigGB macrumors regular

if you just want a copy of the videos then i would recommend http://keepvid.com/

he/she is just looking to download music lessons only because they won't be able to use the internet, did you even read what they said? :p