Must have accessories with nikon d60?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by 88888888, Feb 25, 2009.

1. 88888888 macrumors 6502a

What should I invest in first?

I have the 18-55mm vr and 55-200mm vr lens

should i invest in another lens? or flash? or tripod? or etc..
    :eek:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

What is your skill level? I always say a sturdy tripod (as much tripod as you can possibly afford) as well as good glass. If you're just starting out, get that tripod and go out and find what interests you most. Then come back and ask your question. Buying endless and needless "accessories" is a fool's game.

3. itou macrumors regular

4. filmweaver macrumors regular

I have a D-70 and I bought the remote shutter control, it was about $14.00 and well worth the price. I hope your model has this capability, if so buy it.

5. Nicholie macrumors regular

Tripod first. Then Speedlight. You can pick small things like the wireless remote any time. Then... new glass. By then you should know exactly what new glass you need or want.

6. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Ignore the tripod advice unless you have found yourself in a specific situation where you have thought gee it sure would be nice if I had a tripod for this... Sure a tripod is necessary for certain areas of photography but for many it isn't, I think you would be best served with a speedlight, even if it is a SB-400 that you mount on camera and bounce of the ceiling, that will make a world of difference for any indoors type portraits you will do.

7. 88888888 thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

SB-600 is great if you don't mind the extra bulk, but for many a SB-400 is all they need, it doesn't protrude much and is easy to take everywhere.

9. forbes macrumors newbie

I've got a D60, and recently got an SB400 and a tripod. My photos are mainly of family etc, indoors, so I've used the flash unit lots and love the pictures I got from it. It is small so is easy to carry around, but can still bounce off the ceiling to get soft light effect.

In contrast, I have not used the tripod at all yet!