Must have Accessories?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by lee714, Nov 24, 2013.

1. lee714 macrumors newbie

Nov 9, 2013
    Pictures and links to must have accessories other than the charger would be taken into consideration. Let me know!
  2. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

May 1, 2009

before you go assigning us homework maybe you could give a little bit more information as to your particular situation and needs?
  3. july142 macrumors newbie

Nov 22, 2013
  4. Dweez macrumors 65816

Jun 13, 2011
    Down by the river
    Here's what I've got in my bag.

Logitech bluetooth m555b mouse
    Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter
    Thunderbolt to VGA adapter
    Thunderbolt to DVI adapter
    External thunderbolt and usb3 1tb drives
    2 x 32 gig usb sticks
    Logitech r400 remote presenter
    Speck skin/case
  5. raniel macrumors regular

Jan 2, 2011
    Nice accessories...

Try the Caldigit thunderbolt dock
  6. ApplNat macrumors member

May 18, 2013
    The only "must have" accessory is a protective sleeve or case of some kind. I have a soft neoprene sleeve. I also use a keyboard cover, which has been great (cheapie $2 one from ebay), but that's not a must-have. I need nothing else. I take my 13" mba everywhere with me and it's fab.
  7. ItHurtsWhenIP macrumors 6502

Aug 20, 2013
    I suppose "must have" only depends on what you require..

I have 2/3rds of an iCarbon skin installed and sometimes put it in a $13 Targus sleeve inside my backpack.

What did you have in mind? Earrings? Glasses? A nice Louis Vuitton clutch?
  8. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Aug 27, 2012
    If he knows that, he won't have to assign us homework! ;)

I want a maid to clean my keyboard/screen weekly. Am too lazy to do it myself and after a while is all yucky. Unfortunately can't afford maid. :p
  9. mpantone macrumors 6502

Mar 20, 2009
    There are no "must haves", however many people will want a case or sleeve for protection. It's really up to you, they all pretty much do the same thing (protect your computer), it's really an aesthetic choice.

I bought this brown leather sleeve:

I think it looks nice and it is in fact genuine leather.

I also bought a Magic Mouse. The trackpad works fine, however I don't like pointing devices mounted on or in front of the keyboard. That's just a personal preference. From my observations, it looks like plenty of people are perfectly happy with their notebook's built-in pointing device, so it's definitely not a "must have" accessory.

As for other accessories, many people will want to project their MacBook onto another display, so your choice of Thunderbolt to (HDMI/DVI/VGA) adapter is up to you based on which devices you wish to plug into. I bought the genuine Apple Thunderbolt-to-HDMI adapter, and a cheap DVI one from Monoprice.

I also prefer to have the option of connecting to wired Ethernet, so I bought a genuine Apple Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter.

For me, when I leave the house with my MacBook: sleeve, Ethernet adapter, HDMI adapter, mouse, charger. That's it.
  10. AppleMacNerd macrumors regular

Jan 23, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I have the following accessories, and carry around with me on a day to day basis except the laptop bag & back pack that changes which one I take.

Apple Magic Mouse (£59 from Apple)
    Apple Wireless Keyboard (connecting MBA to external display) (£59 from Apple)
    Mini Display port to DVI (£25 from Apple)
    USB to Ethernet (£5 from eBay)
    Tucano Workout Laptop Bag (£36 from Amazon)
    Forward 15" Laptop Backpack (£8 from Scan Uk)
    Corduroy Laptop Sleeve (£12 from eBay)
    Samsung multi-screwdriver set (Free from Scan Uk at Gadget Show Live '12)
    Official Apple Cloth (robbed from dads MBP box:D)

I use most of these accessories that come in useful on day to day basis. Total cost of them is £204. Hope this helps, pm me if you want any links to the products.