Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaneGuy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
I just jail-busted my iPad. Never done that before. I know there are lots of great apps but I don't know which I should check out first.

Which would you say are must-haves?

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
We should keep this thread to ones that are working 100%, not iPhone ones ported to the iPad.

Having said that, my must haves are:

SBSettings (Beta version is updated for iPad, works great) - Allows you to change settings on the fly by swiping the status bar. Change brightness, toggle Wifi on/off, free up system RAM

Backgrounder - Allows you to multitask, great app.

MultiIconMover - Allows you to select multiple app icons and move them as a group to different pages. So much better then Apple's implementation...why can't Apple work like this from the factory?

AIRniloc

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2008
anozira
We should keep this thread to ones that are working 100%, not iPhone ones ported to the iPad.

Having said that, my must haves are:

SBSettings (Beta version is updated for iPad, works great) - Allows you to change settings on the fly by swiping the status bar. Change brightness, toggle Wifi on/off, free up system RAM

Backgrounder - Allows you to multitask, great app.

MultiIconMover - Allows you to select multiple app icons and move them as a group to different pages. So much better then Apple's implementation...why can't Apple work like this from the factory?

Although SBSettings isn't 100% working (ie freeing up memory in 'processes' will force you to respring), i would definitely agree that SBSettings is a must-have..

I also agree that Backgrounder is also a must-have...if you don't have SBSettings and backgrounder, i don't see the point to having a jailbroken device (unless you need openSSH or are a dev)...

Although it is not optimized for the iPad yet, categories is a must for me...can't stand having to flip through 6/7 pages of app icons and prefer using folders for apps..

For me, snes4iphone and NES 3 are must-haves..waaiting to play my NES and SNES ROMs on my iPad was almost unbearable :)

DaneGuy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
What about something to spice up the first screen with slider bar? I'd love to have a weather and news widget.

Edit: Catagories seems to work pretty well right now (it's small). Awesome app!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.