Must-have apps

Discussion in 'iPad' started by comper, Mar 12, 2011.

1. comper macrumors regular

What apps would you recommend for a person to try that's new to the iPad? I already got garage band, and it's amazing. Does anyone know of any games that will take advantage of the horsepower of the iPad 2? I'm also looking for a good note taking app for classes as well as suggestions as to which office app is best to view/edit power points and PDFs.

Other than that, what apps could you not go without on your iPad?

2. iAAPL macrumors regular

iAAPL

Game: Infinity Blade
    This is an amazing game. Probably the best demonstration of where gaming is going. It goes head to head with console games, and wins. If you're looking for a racing game, Real Racing is my favorite one. I haven't played Real Racing 2, but I'm sure it's good.

Notes: Notes Plus
    A nice little app for taking notes. A lot of neat features built in. I've also heard Penultimate is really good, but again, I haven't tried it. I would strongly suggest getting a stylus if you want to take notes.

Productivity: iWork (Pages / Keynote / Numbers)
    By far the best set of office apps in the App Store. Very clean, and very user friendly. Pages for documents/PDFs, Keynote for presentations.

And if you're a student in any math or science classes, WolframAlpha is a MUST HAVE. It will blow your mind.

3. kramjam macrumors 6502

kramjam

I absolutely love Pulse news reader and Twitter.

4. kindaobsessed macrumors member

Noteshelf - it allows you to WRITE notes down, have different books and has templetes for daily tasks. You need a stylus to get the best out of the app. It has replaced all paper products.

5. comper thread starter macrumors regular

Notes plus looks promising since then i can type and handwrite my notes (picking up a stylus tomorrow).

Has anyone replaced their laptop with an ipad for note taking in college? Also, i know keynote may work for creating new presentations, but most of my professors upload their lectures in powerpoint format. Is there a good app that will allow me to add to the slides or take notes along with each slide?

6. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

air video if you have any home movies you want to stream

7. Linc00 macrumors newbie