Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maagus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
Czech republic
Hello,

my new iPad will arrive in couple of days and I will of course jailbreak it (mainly because of Itether). Are there any other must have Cydia apps specific to iPad except the Itether and iFile? There are many threads on best jailbreak apps and tweaks for iPhone (I already use many of them on my jailbroken iPhone), so I am wondering if there are any good iPad-specific jailbreak tweaks and/or apps.

Thanks!

joeybuckets

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2008
ZANESVILLE,OHIO
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yes I would like to know as well just got my iPad yesterday.

AllstarEdison

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2010
Arizona
qtweeter

Hello,

my new iPad will arrive in couple of days and I will of course jailbreak it (mainly because of Itether). Are there any other must have Cydia apps specific to iPad except the Itether and iFile? There are many threads on best jailbreak apps and tweaks for iPhone (I already use many of them on my jailbroken iPhone), so I am wondering if there are any good iPad-specific jailbreak tweaks and/or apps.

Thanks!
qtweeter is a must have.
you can update yourfacebook and twitter status while in any application, it has a free trial but worth the 4 bucks it costs after that, its a pulldown screen to update your status, youtube has some cool video of how it works, but its one of my must haves.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Haven't really seen any Must have app "iPad Only". mine are very similar to the iPhone's one.

SBSettings
LockInfo
iFile
iTether
Safari Download Manager
Backgrounder

*Once 4.2 is out
Infinifolders or Folder Enhancer
RemoveBG

Those are the App I cannot live without.

MSD401

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2006
Displayout. If you have the dock connector to VGA cable..many uses.

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
I've had every iPhone and they have always been JBed but the funny things is that once my iPad arrived I immediately jailbroke it, slapped Backgrounder and iFile on it and also SBSettings just for the sake of it... but then I just sat there thinking 'now what?'

Now 6 months later with the latest 4.2 beta on it the only reason for me to JB would be FolderEnhancer (I use MyWi on my iPhone 4) so I prolly will leave it stock.

And this is from someone whose iPhone 4 PkgBackup contains 89 entries :p

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2004
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

MSD401 said:
Displayout. If you have the dock connector to VGA cable..many uses.

DisplayOut is THE killer application for the iPad if you buy the $30 VGA iPad connector. It mirrors your iPad screen on anything that accepts a VGA connection.

clovis112

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
Sorry for hijacking the thread but what is the app that makes your ipad show in finder on mac as long as both of them are connected to the same wifi network?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.