"Must Have's" for white MacBook?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by EMILinator, May 28, 2008.

1. EMILinator macrumors member

The Biggest Little City In The World, USA
    currently, i have a clear Incase Hardshell on my macbook, and it is AWESOME.

i was wondering what else you guys have that you think is a "must" with your macbook?

a few musts i have thought about are a bluetooth mouse and office for mac..

2. Jaschr macrumors member

I have the mouse, and diggit. There are cheaper alternatives if money is a concern, but otherwise works ok. The batteries last for friggin ever. I just bought office within the last week or so and am satisfied. There seems to be a lot of debate on which 'office' type software to get. Here was my logic.

1. Neo office: Is great because it is a good free alternative to office. But I had problems between sharing files between office 2003 at work, and neo office at home. Most issues were small formatting bugs, but they annoyed me. For example, margins may have been different, text would line up differently, tabs would shift. I would at least try it.

2. iWork: Never tried outside of my trial, but was impressed with it. I still had some formatting differences when bringing things home. But otherwise I liked it, and will probably get it as well.

3. Office:Mac: Seems to do everything I need it too, but their are still annoying differences between office 2003-2008. These problems should solve themselves when my place of business upgrades to 2008. The compatibly functions within the software help mitigate some of the issues, but the newer features in 08 won't work on 03. -Enough babbling.

Anyways if you wanted musts, check out and download what ever sounds good.
    www.opensourcemac.org/

I use:
    Handbreak for dvd ripping
    Adium for chat
    and a handfull of others I can't remember.

Apples download site has a lot of cool widgets and other cool downloads.

3. SamoanDude macrumors regular

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Get an InvisibleShield; never worry about scratched again!