Must leave iPhone in hot car - Advice?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CHS2005, Mar 31, 2010.

1. CHS2005 macrumors newbie

I can't take my phone into where I work b/c its a secure facility where absolutely no electronic devices (no beepers, no phones, etc) can come in, but its getting too hot here to leave it in my car all day. Any thoughts on what to do? There's a lot on line about not leaving the phone in a hot car but not many suggestions as to what to do with it! Thanks

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Crack the windows open a bit and put it in the shade. I would think that under a seat might be the coolest or maybe the glove box.

3. No ice please macrumors 6502

Put it in the glove box it shouldn't change temp. Or buy an insulated lunch box and put it in the glove box. Just don't put and ice pack in it!

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Put it in the glove box or out of direct sunlight. However, mainly, just make sure it's off.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Can you just use a beater phone during the week and the iPhone on the weekends?

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Put it in the glove box or center console; that's what I do when I need to leave a phone in the car all day.

7. Resist macrumors 68030