Must vent...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by allmIne, Sep 22, 2009.

1. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

How do you ignore Apple haters?

I'm no fanboy, but it's just rude when people sit two chairs away, ripping into Apple for everything that's wrong with the world, when I'm typing away on my mbp.

It's just bloody rude, isn't it?

I wouldn't mind, but they're using those crappy netbooks you get free with mobile phone contracts, and speaking loudly so I'll hear them.

Jealous, much? Their biggest criticism of the air was... it might break. So they're fairly uneducated, too.

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

3. allmIne thread starter macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Hey dalvin,

They're beyond educating. One 'joke' that got a great laugh was:

" Bill Gates probably gave Steve Jobs his loafers!"

Another statement...

"Apple are only hanging on because of the iPhone".

The best yet...

"Surely calling it X64 will confuse people who think X86 is better!"

Oh, and OS X is pants, but Debian rocks :rolleyes:

I should add these are university engineering students. And we wonder why we're in a worldwide recession.

4. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

I cop it daily at work about how macs are crap. I just say liar liar pants on fire don't be a liar! (i stole that from judge judy lol ) nar i don't say that really i just ignore it

I tell you this, when i get something to work on my mac that they could not get to work on there windows machines they think there great but only lasts for 5 minutes lol

5. allmIne thread starter macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Lol! I must try that first approach :p

They'll never learn. I don't care they don't use macs obviously, I don't even care they hate them, but I'd appreciate them not doing it right beside me. That's just rude.

Especially when they're using the ********* little Netbooks money can't even buy

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I ignore them. In the scheme of things, who really cares if people hate apple. Really, they're a business and Apple's clear desire is to make money for its stock holders. They make great products (been a user since macintosh se/30) but that doesn't mean they're perfect.

Heck, with some of the rants I agree with them

You can turn this around and say about apple fans and Microsoft? We see plenty of posts ranting against M$.

People have opinions and they're entitled to them. Let them complain and move on. Life's too short to worry about a how some people perceive a multi-billion dollar corporation.

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

8. allmIne thread starter macrumors 6502a

allmIne

The thing is, I genuinely couldn't give a toss what their opinions of Apple are. I'd be the same if I was watching a Sony TV and they were bitching about how much better Toshiba is, sitting right next to me.

It's the rudeness of talking loud about it while I'm right beside them that annoys me.

But i agree with all your points. Especially 'life's too short'!

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

+1.

Computer platform arguments are among the most pointless uses of your time, next to religion and politics :p

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Well said, and I agree completely.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Why do people let this stuff bother them? There are more important things to be worried about.

12. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

Personally, I don't understand why people are so pro Apple. I personally prefer them to MS, but their products are still littered with manufacturing defects, they're expensive, their customer service is mediocre, the OS is far from perfect etc.

In short, they're just another corporation. Why take things so personally? (unless you're an Apple designer or something)

13. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I guess I just don't care

I mean, do my Apple products work? That's all I care about. Will my iPhone work today? My iMac work when I get home? As long as they do, I am just fine.

14. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

They are just trying to bother you, just ignore them and they will continue looking more stupid than what they are...

Get a date through your Mac and stop wasting your time on something non productive for your life.

Don't fall into their game.

Move on.

15. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

its funny when they try to insult/burn us when they have no idea.. just give them a smile, you will have yours back one day.

16. allmIne thread starter macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Some respondants got what I meant, but I think a few might not have.

My problem really had nothing to do with Apple, or computers at all. And it wasn't an argument because I definitely didn't care enough to say anything. After all, they weren't talking to me.

My problem is just that it's rude when they're sitting right beside me. If you drive a BMW, and your coworkers are laying into BMW right beside you, knowing you drive one, it's rude, and makes you feel awkward.

That's all :eek:

Edited to say that it's my fault you all think my problem was with the Apple hating itself; I did give some quotes they'd made, after all. That was more to show that they were tossers, lol.

17. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

18. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

^ (@allmIne) People are rude. You're not going to change them so all you can do is adjust your response to them. As I said: Learn to care less.

19. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Fanboys mostly have arrived at their erroneous conclusions built from a single itty bitty grain of truth. I know there's a literacy term for that but I can't remember atm.

Fanboys cannot be educated, because what they believe isn't based on reason. Ignore them.

Or beat them over the head with your unibody. It'll knock them out quicker than if you beat them over the head with a plastic Dell..

20. allmIne thread starter macrumors 6502a

allmIne

I'd a feeling you might repeat your point, iBlue! I did take it into account, I just didn't feel I'd anything to add. So eloquent as it stood :)

Melrose - that's a suggestion! The joys of being back at uni, heh.

And McGiord, sorry, but no thanks! Internet dating isn't really my thing, even if I was in the position! Good luck with it, though!

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Just wait until you become neutral and then have to put up with uneducated s**t from both sides. ;)

22. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

An old man and a young boy were traveling through their village with their donkey. The boy rode on the donkey and the old man walked.

As they went along they passed some people who remarked it was a shame the old man was walking and the boy was riding.

The man and boy thought maybe the critics were right, so they changed positions.

Later, they passed some people that remarked, "What a shame, he makes that little boy walk." They then decided they both would walk.

Soon they passed some more people who thought they were stupid to walk when they had a decent donkey to ride. So, they both rode the donkey.

Now they passed some people that shamed them by saying, "How awful to put such a load on a poor donkey."

The boy and man said they were probably right, so they decided to carry the donkey.

As they crossed a bridge, they lost their grip on the animal and he fell into the river and drowned.

The moral of the story?

If you try to please everyone, you may as well just kiss your ass goodbye.

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Don't worry about it. But the next time their computer screws up and they ask you for help just say, "I wouldn't know how to help you, I never have to deal with stuff like that." ;)

Please tell that story to Barack Obama. ;)

24. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

Great story!

The truth is if it works for you keep using it. There are a lot of ignorant people out there- just remember you are the one who has to live with you. Mainly cause your donkey drowned and no one else likes you after that.

25. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl