Mute for Performance?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macwebhead, Aug 22, 2012.

1. macwebhead macrumors newbie

I have a 2.3 Dual Intel Core i5 13" MacBook Pro early 2011.

I often notice there is a delay in the audio; like the volume button feedback. And other times when audio is starting to play other things I'm doing are slightly delayed.

I already understand that the onboard sound shares some of the processing power from the processor; as compared to dedicated sound with it's own processor, so this is acceptable to me with my low end MacBook Pro.

Sometimes when working or loading web pages audio starts unexpectedly. So rather than avoiding audio maybe just hit the mute button to prevent any slight delays; from unexpected/surprise audio.

What do you friendly folks think of using the mute button as a performance booster? Just a fun, distracting thought; love to hear what ya'll think. :)

2. ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

You may have a software glitch in here. Not sure what the fix is though.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I don't think audio playback makes a significant impact on performance. I remember being able to multitask pretty well on my overclocked Celeron 300a while I was browsing the Internet and listening to MP3s. I am pretty sure a Dual core 2.3GHz i5 can handle audio just fine.

Most likely the pages are taking longer to load due to your Internet connection.

4. macwebhead thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you Experienced?

Anyone actually have a 2.3 Dual Intel Core i5 13" MacBook Pro early 2011 and is currently using one daily?