Can anyone recommend an app that would be a hotkey or equivalent for muting the mic. When I reboot the mac, the mic is on no matter what I do, so have to remember to go into system pref and turn the volume off.
1. Create a Quick Action workflow
2. Set “Workflow receives current” option to “no input”
3. Add “Run Shell Script” action
4. Paste: osascript -e "set volume input volume 0"
5. Save this Quick Action and set a global shortcut you want in > System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services
P. S. Create Application instead of Quick Action if you want to add it in Users & Groups > Current User > Login Items.