Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Heads up for those of you using 10 as a daily phone.

I'm not sure how often this is happening as i'm still on my conference call, but right now I have headphones in and whether the mute button is highlighted or not highlighted, the people on the other end can hear me!

This is in the stock phone app.

kmdwebdork

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2016
Winter Garden, FL
Same thing happened to me today. I restarted the phone and mute worked properly for the next call I placed. On the affected call I had tried toggling the mute button a numerous times and switching between phone and speakerphone, nothing impacted whether I was muted or not... luckily all they heard was my typing notes :)

kmdwebdork

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2016
Winter Garden, FL
Same thing happened to me today. I restarted the phone and mute worked properly for the next call I placed. On the affected call I had tried toggling the mute button a numerous times and switching between phone and speakerphone, nothing impacted whether I was muted or not... luckily all they heard was my typing notes :)
Additional calls placed days later still have mute issues. Reported to Apple accordingly.

Reactions: QuarterSwede

AbblePC

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2009

As an addendum to this issue. I am using ios10 Beta 1 on my iPhone 6S and using it with a Plantronics Bluetooth headset throughout the day and have never experienced the "No Mute" during calls, Thank God!

Was or is this only happening to those using headphones while in the phone app or also with nothing but the phone or speakerphone, what about others with Bluetooth as well?

My headset is a Plantronics Marque 2

kmdwebdork

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2016
Winter Garden, FL
As an addendum to this issue. I am using ios10 Beta 1 on my iPhone 6S and using it with a Plantronics Bluetooth headset throughout the day and have never experienced the "No Mute" during calls, Thank God!

Was or is this only happening to those using headphones while in the phone app or also with nothing but the phone or speakerphone, what about others with Bluetooth as well?

My headset is a Plantronics Marque 2
I was unable to leverage a Bluetooth device or headphones in my testing. I noted as such in my bug report with Apple. Glad to see not everybody is affected, but man it has a lot of potential to bring havoc on folks who don't know to ask if they are muted haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.