Mute on/off switch trouble HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kevindp, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Kevindp macrumors newbie

I sent my iPhone into apple because the mute on/off switch was becoming ridiculously sensitive. I would be sitting and every time I moved my leg it brought itself in and out of silent mode. Every time I lightly touched the switch or even the phone itself it responded with a vibration. Apple deemed it accidental damage and sent it back to me unimpaired. I've tried to research the problem and while it seems it's come up before, I can't find anybody to explain exactly what the problem is, including apple phone support and anybody in my local at&t store (I live in Vermont, the nearest apple store is hours away). Can anybody help?

2. Kevindp thread starter macrumors newbie

well, an update if anybody else is having this problem, I sent my iPhone into ifixyouri.com from florida and I'm waiting for them to get it but I'll post again with a final update

3. Kevindp thread starter macrumors newbie

Got my phone back today, these guys did a great job, if you do anything to your iphone that's not under apple's warranty plan, take it to these guys, they really know what they're doing