Mute Ring/Silent Switch iPhone 4S At&t or Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BulletToothTony, Oct 8, 2011.

1. BulletToothTony macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

I have actually a few "last gen" bumpers.. that are only compatible with the iPhone 4 at&t's version (lower mute switch)

I know that nobody has the iPhone 4S but i was wondering if anyone had the specs to where this switch is gonna be at.

At the lower AT&T place or at the higher Verizon place.

I wanna make sure my bumpers are gonna work out with the new 4S.

I guess i can't cut up a little piece if they don't but it is kind of important to a few of us.

2. james92se macrumors 6502a

What do you mean "last gen" AT&T bumpers? If anything, wouldn't they be "first gen" bumpers?

Anyway, as stated/clarified numerous times online, the 4S will be identical button-wise to the Verizon phone.

Either way, you can make your first gen bumpers fit the 4S pretty easily with just a razor blade or X-Acto knife or something. Just cut a small "wedge" into the bottom rubber section/liner of the silent switch cut-out to allow the switch to move freely.

I did this for my brother and sister-in-law's Verizon iPhone 4's when they first got them and there were no non-AT&T bumpers available yet. Works great.

And you actually have it backwards - Verizon is lower, AT&T is higher (hence cutting the bottom side of the AT&T switch cutout to fit the Verizon phone).

[​IMG]

3. BulletToothTony thread starter macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

thank you i was planning on making a slightl small opening if they weren't at the same level as the 1st gen att i guess i should've waited and make sure then, i guess i just wanted to be ready.. thanks for the tip on what to use thou.

4. james92se macrumors 6502a

To clarify what I did - I didn't actually cut into the hard plastic portion of the bumper. Just the softer "inner" rubber part. Worked great

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

The new bumpers have wider openings to fit the move, but does this mean past iPhone 4 AT&T users will not be able to use our cases?