mute ringer ?

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Hi,
is there a way to set the ringer volume to 0 without using the "mute" button ? When I'm at work I do not want the iPhone to do any noise and I do not want it to vibrate either.

I know I could disable the vibrate when "on silent" but I need the vibration when I'm not at work. Going everytime to the Preferences and switching takes to long.

When will Apple add some ringer profiles in iOS ?? We are in 2012 now, come on Apple, you can do it.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
No, sorry! Either way, you'd need to go into settings and adjust, such as making it have no ringtone.

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
Hi,
is there a way to set the ringer volume to 0 without using the "mute" button ? When I'm at work I do not want the iPhone to do any noise and I do not want it to vibrate either.

I know I could disable the vibrate when "on silent" but I need the vibration when I'm not at work. Going everytime to the Preferences and switching takes to long.

When will Apple add some ringer profiles in iOS ?? We are in 2012 now, come on Apple, you can do it.
It seems to easy of a fix if i'm getting it right. The top left of phone has a switch (above volume buttons), that you can switch up and down. You can even use the volume keys as far as i know. I accidently turn that switch off sometime and miss calls...the vibrate(when on) will work with volume buttons on side turned down. Hope this is your answer:D

jeremyshaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2011
Settings-->Sounds-->Vibrate. Disable Vibrate, and when using the mute switch, it will not vibrate anymore.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
Settings-->Sounds-->Vibrate. Disable Vibrate, and when using the mute switch, it will not vibrate anymore.
Not quite...

You'll just have to deal with going to Preferences for now. That may change with later revisions though, so stay hopeful!