mute ringer ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tex-Twil, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hi,
    is there a way to set the ringer volume to 0 without using the "mute" button ? When I'm at work I do not want the iPhone to do any noise and I do not want it to vibrate either.

I know I could disable the vibrate when "on silent" but I need the vibration when I'm not at work. Going everytime to the Preferences and switching takes to long.

When will Apple add some ringer profiles in iOS ?? We are in 2012 now, come on Apple, you can do it.

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

No, sorry! Either way, you'd need to go into settings and adjust, such as making it have no ringtone.

3. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

4. Tex-Twil thread starter macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

ok :(

I still need to receive calls, data and sms

5. ObuckiO macrumors regular

It seems to easy of a fix if i'm getting it right. The top left of phone has a switch (above volume buttons), that you can switch up and down. You can even use the volume keys as far as i know. I accidently turn that switch off sometime and miss calls...the vibrate(when on) will work with volume buttons on side turned down. Hope this is your answer:D

6. jeremyshaw macrumors 6502

Settings-->Sounds-->Vibrate. Disable Vibrate, and when using the mute switch, it will not vibrate anymore.

7. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Not quite...

You'll just have to deal with going to Preferences for now. That may change with later revisions though, so stay hopeful!