Muxing at 0.00%

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by DJAKO, Feb 7, 2008.

1. DJAKO macrumors 6502a

I use handbrake on my laptop and love it, but I also have a nice windows computer and am doing some encoding on that machine as well. When I use handbrake everything works until the Muxing at the end, it just says at 0.00% and does nothing else.

2. MadDoc macrumors 6502

MadDoc

I have had the same problem since upgrading to Leopard.

As a workaround - I have found that clicking the file that is being muxed and choosing 'Get Info' normally fixes the problem within about 60 seconds. I think it has something to do with the Mac falling asleep after the encode but before the muxing - try disabling your sleep mode if you are encoding overnight.

I just hope the Handbrake guys fix this bug soon as it's been reported a lot over on their forums.

MadDoc,

3. DJAKO thread starter macrumors 6502a

The muxing on my mac is fine, it's on my vista machine

4. KakaduDreamer macrumors member

For what it's worth, I'm having the exact same problem on my Vista machine. It doesn't happen every time however.

5. dan3L macrumors newbie

muxing to death

This may just be an issue with the Windows version. I have the same issue on occasion using it with an XP machine. Overall though, it does a good job.

6. dan3L macrumors newbie

Added cover art

You may have discussed this previously , but I am looking for a faster way to add cover art to my Handbraked files. I started using vID Infiltr8 today, but the process had inconsistent results and was VERY slow.

Anyone with a better method?

7. eddyg macrumors 6502

Also the % is not updated by HB when muxing, so it will be 0.0% until it is complete. How long it takes varies a lot, be patient.

8. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

What OS are you using? If your on a Mac try MetaX http://www.kerstetter.net/page53/page54/page54.html

9. williedigital macrumors 6502

Once you add the file to itunes, do get info and add it there? I'm not quite sure why people rely on 3rd party software for this tagging feature, and it's one of the few metadata .mp4 options that itunes can do properly.