Muzetto bag with 13" Macbook air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Bluemilk, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Bluemilk macrumors newbie

How many items can you fit inside a 13" laptop muzetto? I intend to get the new MBA and put it inside a waterfield sleeve case.

Will the muzetto bag be able to fit an additional book (novel sized) and a magazine or two without it looking too bulky?

2. rustyosaurus macrumors regular

i'd like this question answered as well. i'm thinking about getting the muzetto for my MBA 13 and i'd like to know whether an ipad (in a stm skinny case) would easily fit.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

3. InfernoZeus macrumors newbie

Here's a picture of a MBP inside it's corresponding sized bag: [​IMG]

There's clearly space in the main pocket for an ipad/book to fit, and there's also the front pocket, and a small slot on the back.

I've order one myself (currently waiting in the UK for me to go back), but I ended up going for the 15" as it was only $30 more, and I didn't want to restrict myself to <13" laptops in the future. It also gives me a lot more space for my Kindle and books at University.

4. will, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

will macrumors regular

I've had a 15" Muzetto bag for about a year now. It's attractive and well-made. It still looks great despite months of being battered around public transport and through the rain (I live in London).

However, with the SF Bags SleeveCase for my 15" MBP, there isn't much room left in the main compartment. Certainly not for an iPad too. The Air is obviously much thinner, but I'd recommend getting a slim cover for it. If you get a SleeveCase you'll adds about 25mm (an inch) to thickness of your laptop.

In summary, the Muzetto is lovely, but get a slim sleeve.

Update: Looks like their suede jacket might do the job, but I've not used one: http://sfbags.com/products/laptopsuedejacket/laptopsuedejacket.htm

5. beg_ne macrumors 6502

The iPad size Muzetto can actually hold a 13" MBP and an iPad with the power adapter, iPhone, wallet no problem.

The MBP does poke out the top a bit though, but it's doable.

Also interesting thing. The picture in this thread shows a much more pebbled leather style, the one I just got is sueded leather. Did they change the material for some reason?

Not complaining though, the Muzetto is the nicest bag I've ever owned.

6. Spankey macrumors 6502a

From my own experience, the Muzetto is pretty tight. If you want a little more space, I would go with an Air Wallet. Gives you a little more room to fit another item or so.

7. FieldingMellish Suspended

You stuff that Muzetto slim front pocket and then start juggling when you want something settled at the bottom of it. Larger items will inevitably invade the slim look. You wind up with the tail wagging the dog, whereby you become selective in what you carry in it for aesthetics sake, while leaving things behind or putting them into a secondary bag that you carry alongside this one.

8. broboore macrumors regular

broboore

They did change this at some point in the production process. When I first received mine I was expecting more of a pebbled look, but I received the same as you. At first I was taken aback, but the more I think about it the more I like it. Especially after I started to see pictures of ones that have aged nicely. Here is one such example.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2168951308792&set=o.32175951951&type=1

9. technopimp macrumors 6502a

I'm a little disappointed these (like a lot of bags I've found) have a dedicated size for the 11" Air, but not for the 13. Which forces you into a much bigger bag unnecessarily (a lot of the dimensions even make it sound like the 13 would fit, but it's so hard to say without being able to try and these are crazy expensive to gamble on the wrong one).

10. VMMan macrumors 6502a

For the first time in my life, I wondered if I should consider getting a murse (man-purse)...

11. broboore macrumors regular

broboore

Muzetto in 13 fits the 13 Air perfectly. It's a very thin bag, so you would have a little extra room beyond that of a 13 MBP, but not much.

12. ///M5 macrumors 6502

I just got my black/black muzetto 13".

Not bad overall, but i think this bag is a bit overrated. Why on earth should I use a sleeve along? I put my MBA naked once and it got a mark from the zipper inside the laptop compartment.

Mainly carry:

- MBA 13" with charger
    - iPad 2 with charger
    - B&W P5
    - B&W C5
    - iPod Classic
    - Nexus S
    - Work BB
    - Some other cables

Attached Files: