MVIX MX 780 can't connect wirelessly to iMac 10.5.8?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by tridentdiver, Feb 16, 2010.

1. tridentdiver macrumors newbie

I bought an MVIX 780 HD media player and popped in a 1TB hard drive. I can transfer files to it and view movies on my TV but I have to unplug and move it to my computer every time to transfer the data.

The unit is equipped with 802.11 G but I can't make it appear in my wireless d-link network which talks to my iMac and MacBook. I have called MVIX tech support but they are uber-geeks and only speak a dialect of tech klingon I don't understand. Is there an easy way to do this that doesn't involve Terminal or other complex operations? I also googled extensively but I haven't found anything that makes sense...

2. Slyguy! macrumors newbie

media player to imac

Had any luck ?

I have a similar issue. I want to connect media player to TV via HDMI and leave player beside TV to take advantage of remote. Like you, want to connect MP to my Mac network (Internet Provider>Modem>Time Capsule Router>wireless or ethernet to Imac and Mac Pro).

Like you, Goal is to be able to download or click and drag files to HD in Media Player (library) from computer without having to move and connect via USB. Wirelessly would be best but wired options OK.

Have you had sucess yet?

Thanks

3. tridentdiver thread starter macrumors newbie

Still no idea...

...i will try to call mvix support for the third time and see if they can dumb it down for me. Perhaps I should just buy a boxee or similar and circumvent the issue? Let me know if you find anything.